Our Host “with the Most” travel company Travel Professional International (TPI) supported, boosted, educated, advocated, consoled and all round came through for us.
Daily changes to policies and procedures. As the story unfolded our insurance partner reacted and, in some cases, not as favorably as we wanted for our clients. Having a strong CEO and support staff that included all of TPI we have been able to challenge some of the policies to better protect our clients travel dollars.
We also had some amazing partner experiences. Business development managers, local representatives and reservation agents that understood we were all in this together and worked every day and into the night returning emails with a quick call or setting up zoom meetings to give us face to face real time support.
All to make sure we could inform our clients how best to request refunds, and cancel trips. We spent time looking for ways to ensure the best outcome.
We also learned:
- Some suppliers reacted and supported us better than others
- Some suppliers are better equipped going forward than others
- Suppliers are addressing cancellations, refunds, credits in different ways
- Suppliers are addressing distancing, cleanliness, safety in different ways
- Some suppliers are able to weather the financial storm better than others
- Some suppliers have better connections with the destinations (and what is happening) than others
Travel insurance was an important factor before the pandemic, going forward it is going to be even more vital.